Sunday, November 29, 2009

So simple...

I've enjoyed many aspects of today:  relaxing in bed after I woke up from a good night's sleep - the hour I spent at an open house visiting with friends - the 45 minutes I spent all by myself at WalMart - the cup of Kahlua-ed coffee I made myself while I tried to clean up the kitchen...  But the part that made me smile the most was going to church with my kids in coordinated clothing.  It's such a simple thing - and kind of silly, actually - but I loved that my Mini Me's black-topped, black-and-red plaid skirted dress went so well with Little Man's plaid shirt/red sweater with black argyle diamonds combo - and that I found a clean pair of black pants (which didn't even need to be pressed!) to go with my deep red, ruffled, fake-suede jacket.  I don't know if other people were thinking, "Gee, what a cute family!" but that's how I was feeling.  And so we remained in our cute church clothes all day - until we changed into PJs a couple hours ago, threw a frozen pizza in the oven, and settled in for another relaxing night home, surrounded by evergreens and red ribbons and little white lights.  But now Mini Me wants to go upstairs and cuddle while we finish watching our feel good, made-for-t.v. Christmas movie, and I think that sounds like the perfect end to a pretty darned nice day.
:o)

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blogs all the way back to last Wednesday. You are doing a great job of keeping up with this and I love it! I was laughing out loud at you removing the lights from your pre-decorated tree that you don't remember getting. Sounds more like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete